Majority of the population in a big country relies on Public Computing units for its basic needs. For example, Libraries are expected to meet the prompt computing demands of many users working in parallel at a given point of time. They expect to have a fast and seamless access to information which includes animation and videos as well. Earlier, there used to be individual PC computer workstations for each user, but this set-up poses its own challenges in form of never-ending maintenance and high power usage. Besides, adding another workstation is both cumbersome and cost incurring.
Centralized computing offers the ideal solution to this problem today, in the form of SUNDE zero client technology. With SUNDE, the messy and busy office of public computing departments can be transformed to a clean and organized workplace with the fast access and enhanced productivity.
- Enhanced security. Diana is immune to any virus or malware attack.
- Easy plug-n-play feature lets anyone use the endpoint device with ease. No special skill is needed to get on to work.
- No movable parts make Diana last longer, with a lifespan of 7-10 years.
- This product is maintenance free. Its zero maintenance feature lets the limited manpower be used extensively on improving productivity in offices, rather than concentrate on administrative tasks.
- With Diana, the provisioning of workstationsis extremely easy. It is a simple ask of creating another virtual machine on the existing server, to which the new employee is offered an access.
- There are straight savings on power consumption costs, which are vital for any company. Diana zero client consumes the power ranging between 0.2W to 5W, which is nothing compared to the PCs power consumption.
SUNDE Diana VDI zero client can be characterized by the following benefits to the staff and users, with its VDI environment.
- Diana zero client is ideal for the individual and security pertaining tasks within an administration office. While the storing of all the information on a single machine makes the maintenance extremely simpler, VDI offers a way for all the office staff to use their own virtual desktops. All the tasks can be personalized on these desktops. The users connect remotely through their endpoint devices using the login. And that is all!
- For the specialized workers in restaurants, libraries, theatres etc., another feature of Diana Zero Client is its multimedia handling which is very superior and seamless. The animation and graphics can be handled with ease in full frame. This offers the PC like experience to the user, but with the cost which is too less in comparison.
- For the public units with sensitive user information, the chances of data theft are completely ruled out, since the zero client devices have no OS or memory in itself. This makes the system immune to any external interference, while retaining the seamless working intact.
- The on-support assistance with Diana Zero client benefits nearly all of the units as their problems get resolved by the issue handling experts remotely and instantly.
- ERP: All ERP software and that works in PC environment are fully supported in SUNDE’s virtual environment.
- Desktop recovery:Snapshot & differencing disk techniques come with the backend system. School teachers or IT administrators can take snapshots of a virtual computer’ state at any point in time and manually fresh virtual desktops to a favorable state of an early date. For labs, libraries and other public areas, automatic recovery can be enabled across reboot by setting an immutable disk when creating virtual computers.