vPointInstallationPackage22.214.171.124 is using VirtualBox 4.2.8, supporting Windows 8 virtual machine. (For the previous 126.96.36.199 version, there is no Guest Additions for Windows 8 in VirtualBox 4.0.12, though we can install Windows 8 in this version.)
vPoint188.8.131.52 Server OS support: Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8 64bit, Windows Server 2008 64bit, Windows Server 2012
vPoint184.108.40.206 virtual machine OS support: Windows XP, Windows 7 32bit, Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8 32bit and 64bit.
For the currect working normally Diana VDI projects, you don’t need to upgrade to vPoint220.127.116.11, you can continue to use the previous version 1.0.0.X.
If you want to upgrade to vPoint18.104.22.168 from 1.0.0.X, please follow the steps below:
1. Uninstall both the previous version vPoint 1.0.0.X and VirtualBox 4.0.12.
2. Install vPoint22.214.171.124 and VirtualBox 4.2.8.
3. Install new Guest Additions for the virtual machines or the USB port doesn’t work in Diana.
4. In virtual machine, upgrade vpointguest to 32 version
Compared to vPoint126.96.36.199, vPoint188.8.131.52 has the following upgrades:
1. there is a “switch” which can turn on or off “USB cross internet/subnet” function by changing [USBIP] mode in file “ServerProperty.ini” located in “c:\program files\oracle\virtualbox”. When mode=0, the function is enabled; mode=1, function disabled.
Restart the server after making the change.
2. fixed the bug of recorder crash
3. more stable support of USB devices.
NOTE: To be fully functional, vPoint 184.108.40.206 must works together with vPointGuest 32 version and Diana VDI device firmware DAhyFS40318031.enc. So, when doing upgrades, please upgrade the 3 of them.